All the results of AEW Dynamite January 4.
This Wednesday, December 4, AEW celebrates a new Dynamite show in which The Acclaimed will put the AEW World Tag Team Championship at stake against Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal. In addition, Samoa Joe will defend the TNT Championship against Darby Allin. Remember that you can follow us on our Twitter account to keep up with everything. Then we leave you with the results of AEW Dynamite on January 4.
The show begins with a fight between Chris Jericho and Ricky Starks.
- Ricky Starks defeats Jericho with a Spear. After the match, Jericho Appreciation Scociety appears to attack Starks and, despite Action Andretti trying to stop them, they end up throwing Ricky on a table.
Tony Schiavone interviews ‘Hangman’ Page in the ring for an update on his fitness. Page replies that he would like to say that he is ready, but he has been told that he is still not medically cleared to fight, but he wants to face Jon Moxley next week because there is a chance that he could be ready.
Jon Moxley interrupts, confronts Page in the ring, and tells him that he is surprised he is here with everything he has been through. Moxley claims that Page is playing the victim for being knocked out, and Page replies that he has been knocked out many times before but reminds him that this time he was about to take it down, and he thinks it happened because Moxley felt a threat. Jon claims that he will make sure that next week he won’t get up this time.
The Acclaimed put the AEW World Tag Team Championship on the line against Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal.
- The Acclaimed retain the AEW World Tag Team Championship with a Roll-Up. Jarrett and Lethal had been victorious in the first instance, but the fight was restarted because Bowens had his leg on the rope during the count of three.
Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter give an interview to Tony Schiavone and are asked about what will happen next week as they will face off against Saraya and a surprise partner. Baker talks about what happened to fighters like them who grew up in AEW from scratch. She states that it doesn’t matter who Saraya looks for to be her partner and remembers that Hayter is the champion and she is “the boss.”
In a backstage promo, Jack Perry and Hook challenge Big Bill and Lee Moriarty to a tag team match next week.
Next, Bryan Danielson takes on Tony Nese.
- Danielson defeats Nese by submission. After the fight, Bryan Danielson celebrates coming home (Washington) and says he’s ready for one more fight tonight. Bryan challenges MJF to come out, and the champion comes out. MJF rejects the offer and insults the public, as well as Danielson. Max says that he sees that the people of Washington love Danielson but attacks him by saying that if Dean Malenko and Lance Storm had a son, he would have more charisma than him. Finally, after exchanging words, the following is agreed: Bryan Danielson will have a rival every week until February 8. If he can beat them all, he and MJF will face off in an ‘Iron Man match’ at Revolution 2023 for the AEW World Championship.
Swerve Strickland will face AR Fox in the next fight of the night.
- Swerve Strickland gets the victory after applying a Stomp from the third rope.
Saraya, Toni Storm, and Hikaru Shida are interviewed by Renee Paquette and react to the words of Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter. Saraya praises Toni and Shida and states that she will finally be her teammate Storm next week, something Shida doesn’t like at all.
The Gunns take to the ring dressed in black to present a funeral to FTR, as they have lost all their tag team championships in a matter of a month. Austin and Colten laugh at them, and at one point, FTR’s music plays, but it was a joke by The Gunns to continue taunting them.
Skye Blue and Kiera Hogan make their way into the ring to face Jade Cargill and Red Velvet.
- Jade Cargill and Red Velvet get the victory with a Jaded over Hogan.
The AEW Dynamite stellar event arrives. Samoa Joe defends the TNT Championship against Darby Allin.
- Darby Allin defeats Samoa Joe with two Coffin Drops to win the TNT Championship. After the match, Sting appears to celebrate the victory with Allin.
Thanks for reading our AEW Dynamite January 4 results!